As a business owner you need to act quickly when you find an opportunity that will give you a strategic advantage over your competitors.
Here are 7 passwords every business owner needs to know:
- Website Hosting
- Google My Business
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Social Media
- Business Listing Services
Why are these the 7 passwords every business owner needs to know?
- Brand Reputation & Management- You need to know who is saying what about your brand even if you have outsourced marketing services. Maintain Control of your brand!
- Business Intelligence-- As a business owner you need to know what is really going on in Google world with your website, Google My Business and Google AdWords.
- Strategic Realignment- You find a better management or marketing tool or platform. You need these passwords to make the change seamlessly.
If you are like most business owners the list above made you start to think about how and where you store critical user names and passwords. Problem is, many of us save them and never think about it again. Keep them in a safe place and know how to access them!
Okay, here is a checklist you can use. We have left a few blank spaces so you can personalize it.
Once you gathered these passwords here are some tips from the U.S Small Business Administration on Password strength.
Use strong passwords
Using strong passwords is an easy way to improve your cybersecurity. Be sure to use different passwords for your different accounts. A strong password includes:
- 10 characters or more
- At least one uppercase letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one number
- At least one special character
Multi Factor authentication
Multi Factor authentication requires additional information (e.g., a security code sent to your phone) to log in. Check with your vendors that handle sensitive data, especially financial institutions, to see if they offer multi factor authentication for your account.