It is common for many businesses to view their website as just a contact page. Your website can be much more than this.
Plan your business website with these 4 essential elements:
- The Purpose Of Your Website
- Identifying Your Target Audience
- Generating The Right Content
- How To Measure Success
Here are some enlightening facts from Google:
- 90% of B2B researchers who are online use search specifically to research business purchases.
- On average, B2B researchers do 12 searches prior to engaging on a specific brand's site.
- 71% start on a generic query, so they're looking for product first, not for you.
- Seventy percent of B2B buyers and researchers are watching videos throughout their path to purchase.
This makes it clear that your website is most likely the first “salesperson” consumers will talk to in their buying journey. Building your website around their journey will provide consumers with a positive experience about your brand. Your “salesperson” needs to have answers as to why you can solve the problems that consumers are researching.
Once you have clearly identified your target audience and segment that audience into buyer personas you can create content to assist the buyer through their journey.
Proper keyword research will allow you to tailor the content so it will attract the buyers attention. Now that you know who you want to talk with on your website you can set goals/metrics to measure effectiveness of your content.
Tools like Google Analytics make it easy to set goals and measure conversion rates.
Does your website generate leads and help you increase sales or is it just a space on the internet?
We have prepared a FREE ebook to help you design your website to generate more leads and close more sales.