Are you too busy running your business to keep up with all the changes on social media? Well, you can relax because as an online marketing expert that’s my job! When I come across something you need to know about I post it here on my blog. I recently discovered something really powerful that I recommend you do right away for your small business: Verify Your Facebook Business Page.
You know that little blue checkmark you see on some Facebook Pages? Well, it was once only found on the pages of celebrities and public figures. But it is now available to businesses in the form of a small gray checkmark. It’s super important to verify for your page for a bunch of reasons, and here they are:
4 Reasons To Verify Your Facebook Page Now
1. AUTHENTICITY: The checkmark acts as Facebook’s stamp of approval. It tells people that you are who you say you are. And it means that Facebook has confirmed your page as authentic and official.
2. ELIMINATES CONFUSION: Maybe your business had more than one page at one time. This can cause confusion when people look for you, or your fans want to see your Page. The verification of your Page tells Facebook and your potential customers that it is in fact the official Page of your company.
3. BUILDS CREDIBILITY: We all can agree that first impressions are important, especially on the web where attention spans are so short. When an ideal customer first comes across your business Page, you have a few seconds to make a good impression. The verification checkmark makes your page look professional and your business credible.
4. VISIBILITY: Once you’ve completed the verification process you will receive a pop-up with the following message: “Your Page will have a verified badge and show up higher in search results to help attract more visitors”. It looks like this:
The company states that a verified page will improve visibility (like SEO on Google). It’s a little too soon to tell just how much verification will help. But Facebook’s algorithm is consistently changing so I recommend you give your Page every advantage.
Facebook is working hard to make it possible for users to find everything they need without ever leaving the platform. The pesky search bar – that doesn’t work very well right now – will soon be a full-fledged search engine. So you can stay ahead of everyone else by implementing a little feature like Page verification right now.
So, are you ready to verify your Page? Here’s how:
How To Verify Your Facebook Business Page
One thing to note before you verify your Page: You must have a physical address associated with your business in order for Facebook to certify your Page. This may seem counterintuitive, especially if your business is virtual and your customers are from all over the world. But, the reality is that a physical address, even to virtual customers, shows that you have a real company and are legit. I have a home office and for privacy reasons, I don’t want my street address displayed on my Page. So I experimented and entered only my city and state and I was successful in verifying my Page.
- Click “Settings” at the top of your Page.
- From “General”, click “Page Verification”.
- Click “Verify this Page”, then click “Get Started”.
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
- Click “Call Me Now” to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click “Continue”.
There you have it – now you’re verified! Did it work for you? Let me know!
NOTE: We received a lot of emails and comments as a result of this blog post. Many of you who followed the directions were unable to verify your Facebook business Pages. We’ve done some research and have created a list of suggestions for you to try. So, if you can’t verify your Page after going through the instructions above link over here: https://bevisible.co/cant-verify-your-facebook-business-page/ for our suggestions.
Thanks for reading,
I work with ambitious entrepreneurs and businesses to uncover exactly who their ideal customers really are, what they want more than anything else in the world, and the perfect words to use on their websites, in their marketing, and when they talk about their business. I've guided hundreds of clients through my signature process and formula, and as a result, they’ve generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in new business revenue with more ease and confidence than ever before.